Monday, March 8, 2010

Awesome.


Ok, so this came up on my yahoo news feed today...

Oldest person in US dies in NH at age 114


So, before I make some potentially inappropriate comments, obviously this woman is awesome and my heart goes out to her family.


But, couldn't the associated press have chosen a photo in which Mrs. Mary Josephine doesn't look like she's shaking her cane and screaming at us? ?

I'm also curious how the newly crowned oldest American reacted to the news.
According to the article, "The oldest living American is now Neva Morris, of Ames, Iowa, at age 114 years, 216 days."
Is she like, "hell yes, the title is mine!"? I mean, these have got to be feisty ladies to stick it out all these years; I'm sure neither would be opposed to some good-natured competition.

2 comments:

  1. So, because I cannot resist a good google image search when I have other things I should be doing, I looked up Mrs. Ray and that is a pretty flattering picture compared to the other choices. What caught my eye was the gold coating on the cane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, she definitely looks like she is about to attack!

    ReplyDelete